Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ilife and imovies

after installing a new hard drive i have lost ilife can i reinstall from the disc i have. Also I have brought over all files from time machine but my movies are not there. If I look in time machine I can find them but don't know why they didn't come over with all the other stuff. as I don't have loads of storage should I try to put iMovies on an external drive and if so how do i do it? thanks

iMac, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 2:23 AM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2016 6:18 AM in response to talchris

If you have an iLife instal disk you should be able to re-instal iMovie from that. I assume you must have iMovie version 9 (or possibly 8). To move your projects and events to an external HD simply copy the IMovie Events and iMovie Projects folders form the Movies folder of your start up drive (in Time Machine) to the root level (i.e. top level) of a Mac-formatted external drive. They should then be visible in iMovie.

Geoff.

ilife and imovies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.