Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Apple put a lock on iphone

I Have upgraded my iPhone from 5c to 6s plus. I want to sell on my old phone and have been asked if it is unlocked. I don't know who to go to to get it unlocked or who will have the correct code to do this

iPhone 5c

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 3:11 AM

I am pretty sure that the buyer wants to know if the phone still has the iCloud activation lock enabled. Read and follow the instructions here and you should be good to go.

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This is explains what Activation Lock is.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 3:11 AM in response to isabelfromeast sussex

I am pretty sure that the buyer wants to know if the phone still has the iCloud activation lock enabled. Read and follow the instructions here and you should be good to go.

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This is explains what Activation Lock is.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

Feb 11, 2016 1:38 PM in response to Demo

Demo wrote:

Apparently I misunderstood what the OP wanted to do. I assumed the prospective buyer wanted to make sure that the phone had been completely erased and that activation lock was not enabled.

No you're not, I think what you said is also true.

iPhone should

- be carrier unlocked

- not have Activation Lock

- restore as new

Do Apple put a lock on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.