Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my unit is ipod touch 6th gen, 32 gb, purchased just last month here in Saudi Arabia (jarir bookstore), version 9.2.1 (13D15), model MKJ02AB/A. When using waze app (navigator), it has a message in the upper part "No GPS. Showing approximate location"

my unit is ipod touch 6th gen, 32 gb, purchased just last month here in Saudi Arabia (jarir bookstore), version 9.2.1 (13D15), model MKJ02AB/A. When using waze app (navigator), it has a message in the upper part "No GPS. Showing approximate location". Before I brought this unit I review the specs and says that it has a GPS. Please help 😐

iPod touch, iOS 9.2.1, New, purchased only last Jan 1, 201

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 3:21 AM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2016 3:43 AM in response to felicisimojr

The iPod Touch models, as well as iPads, have never had an active GPS module.

The iPod Touch 6th gen uses a sort of passive GPS that is designed to pick up Wifi signals from locations that Apple devices detect and automatically report and accumulate this info over time (if you have data reporting enabled on an Apple iDevice or laptop).

That is the extent of the GPS ability on the iPod Touch.

my unit is ipod touch 6th gen, 32 gb, purchased just last month here in Saudi Arabia (jarir bookstore), version 9.2.1 (13D15), model MKJ02AB/A. When using waze app (navigator), it has a message in the upper part "No GPS. Showing approximate location"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.