Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow Mac Book

I have a problem with my mac book pro, ever since i moved to Luxembourg and logged on the wifi my computer has been slow, which has never been a problem (it's 3-4 years old). If i try to open a program they often don don't answer and if i open a videofile on the computer at has a hard time loading even though the file is on my computer. I have checked the Activity Monitor and everything looks fie, I have run a test with my disk tool and nothing there is wrong. Could it be a virus of some sort or do you have another suggestion for what could be the problem?

Hope you can help!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 3:37 AM

5 replies

Feb 11, 2016 7:32 AM in response to deBlanck96

Please launch the Console application in any one of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES ▹ All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View ▹ Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Then take an action that isn't working the way you expect. Select any lines that appear in the Console window. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of which is irrelevant to solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name or email address, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

When you post the log extract, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the text on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

If you have an account on Pastebin, please don't select Private from the Paste Exposure menu on the page, because then no one but you will be able to see it.

Feb 11, 2016 3:04 PM in response to Linc Davis

com.apple.WebKit.WebContent... Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9

12/02/16 00.01.36,516 hidd[95]: IOHIDEventQueue unable to get policy for event of type 11. (e00002e8)

12/02/16 00.00.34,069 diagnostics_agent[361]: Connection error while checking Apple Internalness. Error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "Couldn’t communicate with a helper application." (The connection to service named com.apple.CrashReporterSupportHelper was invalidated from this process.) UserInfo=0x7fd8b1708eb0 {NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.CrashReporterSupportHelper was invalidated from this process.}

Saved hang report for com.apple.WebKit.WebContent version 10601 (10601.4.4) to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/com.apple.WebKit.WebContent_2016-02-11-233754_. ....-MacBook-Pro.hang

12/02/16 00.02.15,149 AppleSpell[390]: *** -[NSMachPort handlePortMessage:]: dropping incoming DO message because the connection is invalid

This is a couple of the logs that pops up the most.

Feb 11, 2016 4:31 PM in response to deBlanck96

Webkit is part of the browser environment experience. For some odd reason, the process is being killed (SIGTERM 9 in UNIX/Linux).

The main culprit however is the second log line "12/02/16 00.01.36,516 hidd[95]: IOHIDEventQueue unable to get policy for event of type 11. "

This signifies that your computer is having some form of I/O (input/output errors). According to an article on Cnet, this can cause pauses or interruptions to workflow. It's very possible that your hard drive is going bad. Please see here for further information:

http://www.cnet.com/news/iohideventqueue-error-resulting-in-long-mac-pauses/

Slow Mac Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.