Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sudden delay when monitoring/recording guitar in Logic X

Hi !

I'm currently using Logic X on my Macbook Pro retina 15' mid-2012 with an Edirol FA-66 connected via firewire/thunderbolt.

I like to use Logic to just play guitar and use VST such as Bias or LePou etc... so I create my track and press the I/O button to hear my sound. I can play for few minutes but after a while I have a delay. The sound stop and after 2-3 secondes I hear what I just played.

I just play/stop the track (even empty) to get everything back to normal.

The problem also occur when I try to record... wich is kind of embarrassing.

I don't know if it's a latency or what but when I usualy play with the Guitar Rig Standalone I never have any problem.

Do you have any solutions ?

Thanks a lot !

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 4:32 AM

5 replies

Mar 1, 2016 6:59 AM in response to Destyre

Just because it has been 3 weeks and there has not been an answer:

I really want to point out how annoying this problem is, I can't record without Logic Pro X being unresponsive. It disturbs the workflow immensely and it is a new occurance since upgrading my OS to 10.11.3. I am also using a mid 2012 Retina MBP so there might be a connection there? I really, really, really( ! ) don't want to buy another expensive piece of hardware just because Logic is lagging terribly while recording (especially after buying the 16GB model at the time to make it somewhat future proof). Buffer size doesnt make a difference and the low latency mode is just as useless for this problem.

Apple, please fix?

Greetings

Mar 2, 2016 8:06 AM in response to Burnerjr

Hey-- I'm having the same issue. I'm using imac i7 for Logic Pro 9 with a Roland UA-25 EX interface. When playing (monitoring) or recording guitar: everything starts out fine... then suddenly a several second delay between my live guitar and the monitor pops up. The only way I can "fix" it is to stop the monitor or the recording, and restart from the beginning (sometimes several times before it gets back in sync).

Jul 29, 2016 6:08 PM in response to Destyre

Same problem here, driving me crazy! I've reset the prefs as follows User uploaded file

Maybe this will help, I've also been resetting the buffer forever, so the delay goes away, but it's not just annoying, it's unusable to record as you never know when it will happen, I also get random speed shifts where the audio will go off on a tangent, especially if I use varispeed, Apple, please fix this, I wouldn't even dream of using Logic in a pro situation as it is!

Sudden delay when monitoring/recording guitar in Logic X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.