Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

center a document in Numbers

How can I center a document in Numbers for printing?

I found a solution in an old post with an old numbers .....

thank you for your update

regard

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3) / Numbers 3.6.1

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 4:35 AM

6 replies

Feb 12, 2016 12:10 AM in response to bplabmac

Two things:

1. In Numbers 3.x, while you can't work in page layout (bummer--way to go, Apple), you can still show rulers. Pages are measured in printable areas. So if, for instance, you're using U.S. Letter with 1" margins, you'll want to be aware your layout will tile across at every 6.5" (6.5", 13", 19.5", etc.). It usually doesn't make much sense to worry about the vertical run-off, but with 1" margins as above, that would mean a new page at ever 9". Table headers should still be reprinted on those vertical run-offs.
  2. Not to scold, just to be helpful: if someone helps you with an answer, you should mark their remark as the one that solved your problem. For instance, in Wayne's comment (where he says, "Take a look at Ians (Yellowbox) user tip…"), that's the remark that helped you. Those points under his name indicate how many people he's helped. If he helped you, you're cheating him points by (what appears to be) patting yourself on the back when you mark your own response as "This solved my problem." Your comment didn't solve your problem, his did, so his should be checked. I'm sure you didn't mean to do that, just letting you know. (Wayne's probably too nice to point this out, but since I don't care if I come across as a jerk on behalf of someone else, I don't mind as much. 😝 )

center a document in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.