Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access mailserver when on LAN!

Hi.

I've just setup an Apple Airport Extreme (tower model) as DHCP with WAN connection ingoing and one LAN outgoing to a switch for the rest of the house/LAN.

But after adding the AE to my network i'm no longer able to access my mail from Synology mail server, when i'm connected to LAN! But if i use my iPhone on LTE there is no problem!

I have used the router configuration setup option on my DS-214se, to configure the DS with the AE.

Anyone have any ideas, why this has happened? I think i sometime heard something about NAT Loopback, but i'm

not sure that's the problem and i can't see anywhere to set Nat Loopback on the AE.

Kind Regards

Pierre.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 4:37 AM

5 replies

Feb 11, 2016 9:03 AM in response to Fuberman

I've just setup an Apple Airport Extreme (tower model) as DHCP with WAN connection ingoing and one LAN outgoing to a switch for the rest of the house/LAN.

By "DHCP" do you mean you configured the AirPort Extreme to use Router Mode = DHCP Only? What is the make & model of the device that is connected to the WAN port of the Extreme?

Feb 11, 2016 9:21 AM in response to Tesserax

Router mode is set to DHCP & NAT and the device infant of the AE, i don't know what it is besides some kind of modem delivered by my ISP, all i know is that it's a fiber connection 60/60. But everything worked before, when i was using an Zyxel firewall instead of the AE (bridged) and now i have removed the Zyxel and changed the AE to DHCP & NAT, just to simplify my network and be able to use the guest network feature in the AE.

Can't access mailserver when on LAN!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.