Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text message issues

I have been having lots of issues lately with my iphone 6. A lot of my apps with either not load or constantly crash but my biggest issue is with my texts. When I send a text, sometimes it will show up in conversation out of order. Last night my texts would not send at all and my conversations did not show the names of my contacts, just the phone numbers. I am unable to send a photo from within the text using the camera icon. When I click on the camera icon it brings up my photos and I can select a photo but when I hit add comment or send photo, nothing happens and the photo does not show up in the text box. I have to go into the photos app and send it from there if I want to send a photo. I have restarted my phone and reset it a number of time and it does not fix the problem.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 5:54 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 11:49 AM in response to ennael522

Hello ennael522,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Given the multiple issues you're describing about multiple apps crashing, as well as functionality of being able to send a photo from the Messages app not working correctly, then I suggest that you start with reinstalling iOS. Don't worry, this won't touch your data, as it only replaces the system information. Steps for reinstalling iOS can be found outlined below.

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn‘t respond or won‘t turn on

Take care.

text message issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.