Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic sounding "Krekkrekrekrkekrek"

My ipod classic was error, I bought it around 2006. The apple logo was appear on screen, but the ipod sound looks like " krkrkkrkrkr " then the X appear on screen.

Please help to solve my problem.

iPod classic

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 4:24 PM

I suspect a dead hard drive. 😟

See iPod Displays a Red "X" Icon - Apple Support. Despite the date of the last update to that document I doubt Apple have much interest in servicing iPod classics, although there are third parties that may do so. The range was withdrawn quite some time ago. See also Re: Corrupt iPod classic. You can try to get the stats, but my guess is that it will fail to open the drive.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 4:24 PM in response to w1a_1

I suspect a dead hard drive. 😟

See iPod Displays a Red "X" Icon - Apple Support. Despite the date of the last update to that document I doubt Apple have much interest in servicing iPod classics, although there are third parties that may do so. The range was withdrawn quite some time ago. See also Re: Corrupt iPod classic. You can try to get the stats, but my guess is that it will fail to open the drive.

tt2

iPod Classic sounding "Krekkrekrekrkekrek"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.