Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shares not available to Mac users in AD/OD environment

Hello,

My site has a server running Windows Server 2012, Mac mini server running OS X 10.6 and a number of iMacs running either OS X 10.6 or 10.7. The Macs are bound to Active/Open Directory, enabling users to log in with their Windows credentials. Mac settings are applied by Workgroup Manager.

The configuration generally works well, but there are two SMB/AFP shares that are not available to users logging in to Macs with their Windows credentials. The shares are defined in WGM with the authentication with user credentials option selected. Permissions for the shares are set correctly.

I've noticed that the Kerberos service is stopped on the Mac mini server where the Open Directory master service resides. Also the LDAP search base is incorrect, pointing to the wrong domain. Could the access issue be due to either of these conditions?

I would be grateful for any assistance.

Regards,

Andy Harris.

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 5:12 AM

There are no replies.

Shares not available to Mac users in AD/OD environment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.