Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

creating raid from two internal HD's

as a novice to using the terminal i was confident that the command i entered would combine the two HD's on mac pro.

it indeed created the raid set however the total copacity for the created drive is 2T instead of 3T.

could someone please explain why? Also if i wanted to go back to have the two drives separate what would the command be?

thank you

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 5:23 AM

Mac Pros are not PowerMacs. The moniker of PowerMac only applies to Macs with the old Motorola/IBM brain known as a G5, G4, G3, 601, 603, 604.

Macs with Intel CPUs that are towers are called Mac Pro. I've requested your thread be moved to the appropriate forum, please stand by.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2016 5:23 AM in response to ODog

Mac Pros are not PowerMacs. The moniker of PowerMac only applies to Macs with the old Motorola/IBM brain known as a G5, G4, G3, 601, 603, 604.

Macs with Intel CPUs that are towers are called Mac Pro. I've requested your thread be moved to the appropriate forum, please stand by.

creating raid from two internal HD's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.