Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes/El Cap cannot burn to CD

iTunes is no longer able to burn playlists to CD. That is, when iTunes asks for me to insert a CD and I do so, the Finder pops up the "You inserted a blank CD" dialog. Meanwhile iTunes continues to ask for blank CD. The "Open iTunes" selection in the popup menu gets you nowhere. Nothing to do but eject.

It can however still import CDs from the same drives it will not recognize for writing.

This appeared after I upgraded the OS to El Capitan. I am presently at 10.11.3 and iTunes is 12.3.2.25.

iTunes cannot write to either the internal drive in my Mac Mini (mid-2010) or the external Apple USB drive. The latter I have been using for the past couple of years when I began to have trouble with the internal disk. This external drive has been my main drive ever since and has been problem free.

I have been using iTunes since at least 2002, and this is first time in many years and multiple upgrades of OS X, that I have encountered this problem.

Thanks for any help.

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 7:27 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes/El Cap cannot burn to CD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.