Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Wifi

MY iPad came with Sprint cellular data. Do I have to sign up with Sprint? I'm trying to rid myself of them.

THank you

iPad

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 3:08 AM

HI rosieshope,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sure we can help you with your question, but I am a bit unclear on what you are describing. I'm not certain what you mean when you say that your iPad "came with Sprint cellular data". If a cellular iPad is purchased directly from a provider, it may come with a SIM card tied to that provider, but iPads are not locked to a provider. You should be able to switch provider by either changing the SIM card or by using a programable multi-provider SIM card like the Apple SIM, as outlined in the following articles:

Activate cellular data service on your iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3 or later - Apple Support

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

About cellular data network settings on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 3:08 AM in response to rosieshope

HI rosieshope,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sure we can help you with your question, but I am a bit unclear on what you are describing. I'm not certain what you mean when you say that your iPad "came with Sprint cellular data". If a cellular iPad is purchased directly from a provider, it may come with a SIM card tied to that provider, but iPads are not locked to a provider. You should be able to switch provider by either changing the SIM card or by using a programable multi-provider SIM card like the Apple SIM, as outlined in the following articles:

Activate cellular data service on your iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3 or later - Apple Support

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

About cellular data network settings on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Regards

iPad Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.