Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erasing Software

so basicaly my iphone has bricked it and itunes is just as usful as my phone is.

its stuck in a boot up loop and when i try a restore from Itunes on my home computer/work computer/friends computer it gives me a variety of stupid error messages which i can only assume means the phone is completly usless.

Need some software which bypasses Itunes and lets me do a complete reset on it without ever havint to use Itunes.

im trying to find software that doesnt have a trial version and does not need to be paid for.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.1, cant remembewr the OS

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 6:32 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 12:35 PM in response to finbar145

Hi finbar145,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like you're receiving errors in iTunes when trying to restore your iPhone 4S. I know this can be a frustrating situation.

I recommend the steps in If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to try restoring with your iPhone in recovery mode. If you've already tried recovery mode, the article suggests contacting Apple Support for more help:

Get more help

Contact Apple Support if you can’t update or restore your device with recovery mode, or you can't use recovery mode because of broken or stuck buttons.

You can also try steps to Resolve iOS update and restore errors in iTunes and Get help with iOS update and restore errors. These articles offer some specific steps to troubleshoot a variety of error messages that may appear in iTunes.

All the best.

Erasing Software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.