Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having trouble downloading pictures from an external hard drive to y new MacBook Pro.

I am having trouble downloading pictures to my new MacBook Pro from an external hard drive. This was supposed to be done by Apple, but it was not. I have downloaded pictures with Apple Care, but cannot transfer all. I am trying to do this by myself, but I'm not doing it. Any and all assistance is appreciated.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 6:28 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 12:20 PM in response to cmhrochester

Hi cmhrochester,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

You mention that you're having trouble downloading pictures to your MacBook Pro. It sounds like you're copying them from an external hard drive to your Mac. Do you receive an error message or other alert during the transfer process?

If you're copying the pictures from your external drive to a folder on your Mac using Finder, these resources may help:

OS X El Capitan: If you can’t move or copy a file or folder

The Finder organizes all of your files

If you want to import the pictures into the Photos application on your Mac, see Photos for OS X: Import photos and video from storage media.

Sincerely.

I am having trouble downloading pictures from an external hard drive to y new MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.