Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo library - New album created on iPad Pro not visible on iMac or iPhone.

Hi. I have been using iCloud photo library on all my devices. Last night I uploaded some photos to my iPad pro. Edited/Cropped, deleted the duds, and created a new album, which I uploaded to Flickr. Today when I look on my iMac and iPhone, I see all the photos that I uploaded to the iPad, including the ones that I deleted, but the album I created is not there.

How do I get the updates (edits, deletes) and the new album to show up on my other devices?

Kevin

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 6:12 AM

5 replies

Feb 11, 2016 6:33 AM in response to gregory202

Thank Gregory

#3 was the one I was worried about. I was hoping to be able to use icloud photo library as my main photo library and to keep my photos in sync across all my devices (since that was the whole point of icloud photo library). One of the things I wanted to be able to do was to upload photos to my ipad when travelling and make some quick edits, create albums, etc. And then continue editing when I got home on my iMac.

If this is going to prove to be buggy and inconsistent, I may have to reconsider and possibly go the route of Lightroom Mobile.

I'll try points #1 and #2 and see if those work.

Kevin

Feb 11, 2016 6:51 AM in response to kevinkjones

I have to concur, I have not seen as many bugs with ios 5/6 as I see now, Apple is trying to support multiple very different devices with features that are very tough to create HAL for. They still do that more successfully then anyone else, look at how late Android updates come to Galaxy and that is the best competitor and look how short amount of models of Nexus phones list where updates come on time(still rare). So if you ask me Apple is not what it use to be, but being not fan of Apple at all, I think - you will have hard time to find competitor with similar support of hardware/software. As far as alternatives to icloud photo library, it was always the case that software designers that concentrate on something will always do better then OS designers with integrated software. It is the same with every software I owned.

HAL - https://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/hal/

iCloud photo library - New album created on iPad Pro not visible on iMac or iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.