Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add a 'Yahoo!' account to ios 9.2.1 devices

First ever post so apologies if the format is not up to standard.

After getting sick of constantly having to keep re-entering my password to my Sky.com/Yahoo email account I decided to delete the account and start over again from the start on my iPhone & iPad running IOS 9.2.1

From 'Settings/mail,contacts,calendars/add Account' and selecting Yahoo! you don't get any setup options, only a login screen that then opens the web version of Yahoo mail and does not create an account in Mail or in the calendar.

User uploaded file

I have tried various options of trying different mail box types, and the only one that works is the generic 'Add Account' but this does not add my contacts or calendar from Yahoo onto this mail account.

Hopefully someone else is encountering the same problem and may be able to help, my faithful Google has not been able to assist so far....

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 7:36 AM

3 replies

Unable to add a 'Yahoo!' account to ios 9.2.1 devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.