Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 not charging with computer

I'm trying to sync my iPhone 6 with iTunes on my PC running Windows 10 and since this morning my computer hasn't be recognizing that my phone is plugged in. The phone will not charge from my computer and neither will it show up in iTunes. I know that all the USB ports on my computer work because I've plugged other USB devices into them to check and my iPhone still charges fine from the wall outlet. It worked fine yesterday but today I haven't been able to get it to work, has anyone else had the same problem?

I should probably note that both devices were updated during the night so my phone is now running iOS 9.2.1 and my computer has OS 10586.104. I think the problem might be tied to these updates in some way.

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 8:20 AM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2016 8:29 AM in response to Madslamared

there are 3 things which could be the cause

1. corrupt iTunes bonjour installation

2. defect cable

3. defect iPhone port

2 & 3 can be tested by trying other ios devices with the cable and trying the ios device with other cables pretty std stuff

1 could require you to have to uninstall iTunes, quicktime and bonjour from the computer, reboot use regedit to search and delete all iTunes and bonjour entries from the registry then reboot and then reinstall iTunes, quicktime and bonjour (an alternative method would be a reinstall of windows)

iphone 6 not charging with computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.