Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue sending Text from Macbook Air

ok, when I am work it is easy to send and receive sms messages from my phone and mac air. all of a sudden my mac air sends the message from my email instead of my cell phone. I have searched the FAQ and did everything i was told to do, signed out and back, made sure my number was listed on my account, etc....nothing is working...any more help? I have screen shots showing my cell phone is registered to my apple ID but when i click Messages on my mac air - Messages - Preferences - Accounts -Start new conversations from - Shows three emails and not my cell phone number.

when i go into my iTunes account it shows i can be reached at my cell phone number first, then the three emails that are listed. I have reset everything on my cell phone, and made sure my cell phone is listed everywhere.

Help!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 8:45 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 2:41 PM in response to knepp1bj

Hi knepp1bj,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your Mac. I'm a bit unclear on the exact behavior you are describing, but if you continue to have issues sending SMS messages via your iPhone from your MacBook Air, you may be having an issue with your Continuity configuration. If that is the case, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

Get help using Continuity with your iOS device or your Mac - Apple Support

Regards

Issue sending Text from Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.