Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my new Apple TV to an Onkyo receiver so I can play music on zone 2?

I have an Onkyo TX-NR515 A/V receiver attached to an Apple TV 3rd generation. The receiver only accepts an analogue feed into its zone 2 speakers, to solve that I hooked ATV’s HDMI outgoing connection to zone 1/home theatre and the outgoing optical connection into a digital to analogue converter which I connected to the TV/CD input which became the ATV feed source for zone 2. I have lately bought the new apple TV, while connecting it, to my horror, I discovered that it only has one outlet, meaning that I don’t have a second feed to turn into analogue and connect to the zone 2. Any ideas about how I can solve this without turning both zones into analogue or having to buy a new receiver? So far the only feasible option I can think of is keeping my old Apple TV, give away the new one and berating both Onkyo and Apple for it.

Apple TV, tvOS 9.1.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 8:00 AM

6 replies

Feb 11, 2016 11:01 AM in response to Vinceassociate

So much for simplicity...

Only analog input sources are output from the ZONE 2 LINE OUT jacks and ZONE 2 L/R terminals. Digital input sources are not output. If no sound is heard when an input source is selected, verify that the source is connected to an analog input.

Consider this:

http://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital-Premium-Extractor-Converter/dp/B00YHS5E6Q/r ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455213451&sr=8-1&…

How do I connect my new Apple TV to an Onkyo receiver so I can play music on zone 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.