Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to check if my device is safe to use now

Hi iPhone 5c user, just browsing the net and suddenly pop up message appeared that my phone had blocked then I stall the latest software update 9.2.1 of Apple , now the pop up message been disable , just asking if my phone is safe now to use or still risky in terms of security. Need help badly.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 8:40 AM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2016 8:44 AM in response to BaJosh

iDevice Safari Phishing Adware Pop-ups

Your device does not have a virus. You can fix this as follows:

Kill Safari by double-tapping on the Home button. Locate Safari in the task bar, then slide the Safari mini-page upwards so it vanishes.

Tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Next, locate Security section and slide the “Block Pop-Ups” switch to the On position.

Press the Home button to return to your Home screen.

If this doesn’t help, then reset your device. It won't delete your data. Press and hold down the On/Off button and the Home button until the display turns off and returns with the Apple logo showing.

Alternatively, follow these instructions to reset your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

How to check if my device is safe to use now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.