Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use Bias Peak

I transferred a mono file from my tape recorder to do some editing in Peak. But I might have used a wrong setting, maybe set to "stereo" instead of the "mono" that I want. So, what I wind up with is the waveform in Peak along the top half of the window and an empty bottom half. How can I convert what I've got in Peak to a mono version? Thanks.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 11:33 AM

In Peak 7 you can choose Export as Dual Mono under the File menu. This will give you two files,one for left and one for right. Once you have saved the files, you can rename them anything that you want.

6 replies

Feb 11, 2016 11:38 AM in response to clinter

Okay. But, as I understand it, not quite what I had in mind. To begin, I already have this funny looking waveform. It takes up the top half of the window (the bottom section of the window is empty, what would ordinarily be the "right" channel I guess). Now, what I want to do is to convert what I already have in the upper section into a single MONO waveform.

Feb 11, 2016 2:02 PM in response to talker39

Right. What I described will give you 2 mono files, one for the left side audio and one for the right side audio. If the right side audio file is blank, throw it in the trash. The left side audio file is now a mono file that will import into Logic X as a mono track. This is a procedure that I use all the time to convert stereo files for use as separate mono files in Logic X. If you open the converted left side mono file in Peak, Peak should open the file and display it as a mono file(because that's what it is).

Feb 11, 2016 2:32 PM in response to talker39

You have to convert the file from stereo to mono. The procedure to accomplish this is the one that I described...Export to Dual Mono IS the tool that Peak has provided for this task. It's a quick and easy procedure. There is a Stereo to Mono tool under DSP, but this will Mix the two sides. You could choose to pan fully 100% to one side or the other. It should give you a simple duplicate of a single "mono" side, but I've not tried it(don't trust it).

How to use Bias Peak

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.