Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

click cell to call up images

I have a numbers spreadsheet on my Macbook air whose records list the characteristics of stamps in my collection. I have photographs of the stamps. I want to have a cell in each record I can click and call up the associated image. Any help would be appreciated

MacBook Air (13-inch Late 2010)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 9:49 AM

4 replies

Feb 11, 2016 4:35 PM in response to Feroxjock

Feroxjock wrote:

I want to have a cell in each record I can click and call up the associated image.

I don't think Numbers can do exactly as you describe. However, if you drag and image from Finder into a cell, or Image File as Wayne describes, the image will shrink to fit the cell. To see a larger image you wouldn't click on the cell but instead would drag that row "taller" and perhaps drag the column wider.

Another possibility is to store your image in a cloud service like Dropbox and make a hyperlink to its link address there. Then when you click, the image can appear in a browser window.

SG

click cell to call up images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.