Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

redirected website authorization - iOS

Abruptly on Saturday, one of my apps stopped working. It turns out it's a signin problem, and appears to be an iOS authorization problem.

In the app in question, I used my .edu address to register. This app requires a gmail account, and gmail handles my .edu domain. Until Saturday, I'd been successfully using it this way for a year and a half. Now it asks me to sign in (which happened sometimes, but usually it just would log in), and it takes me to a gmail signin page. I type in my .edu username (***@*****.edu), and from there, it has always redirected me to the .edu login page where I'd enter the rest of my credentials. Now the signin button clicks but the redirect doesn't happen.

In troubleshooting, I have:
- swapped between wifi and data service

- rebooted my device

- deleted and reinstalled the app

- tried to do the same login steps outside of the app (specifically, going to gmail.com from safari, entering the proper info - I was properly redirected)

- emailed help for both the .edu and the app support

- successfully logged in through an android device

Switching the affiliated email account is not an option. The app support offered me the helpful advice of convincing my university to just switch to gmail. Being that I would like this fixed in a realistic timeline....

I'm on iOS 9.2.1

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 10:12 AM

There are no replies.

redirected website authorization - iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.