Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i run both Pages 5 and Pages 09 (4.3) on Mavericks?

I love Pages 09 and hate the newer version of Pages.

But, I keep running into dead ends when sharing pages documents from other users. Can I run both Pages 09 and a newer version of Pages? I am still on Mavericks. I don't want to upgrade to Yosemite specificly because I don't want to lose Pages 09.)

Can I run both on my computer?

I have two versions of Garage band, 09 and 11, both work fine.

Any help out there??
Mike C!

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), desktop from 2009

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 9:40 AM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2016 9:55 AM in response to Mike Clelland

Yes.

You do have to watch how you open a particular file if you want to stick to '09.

E.g. if you have neither app open, and you click on an older '09 file on your Mac (and have Pages 5 installed), Pages 5 will open with a caution message "This Pages document may look different" etc.

If you do open it in Pages 5 and Save it, you will get another message

Would you like to upgrade this document?

It was last edited in an older version of Pages. Upgrading will convert it to the new Pages format. To preserve the original and work on a copy, click Edit a Copy.

Feb 11, 2016 10:05 AM in response to Mike Clelland

The Apps are automatically stored in two different places on your Mac.

My Pages/Numbers/Keynote '09 are in a folder within Applications folder called iWork

The newer 5 versions sit by themselves within Applications folder as Pages, Numbers, Keynote

When sharing with users of other versions of Pages, see here

Pages for Mac 5.0: Export in another format

can i run both Pages 5 and Pages 09 (4.3) on Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.