Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring pages documents to and from iCloud

Hi, I elcappitan, latest version and pages update. I have a book that I am writing with multiple chapters, and want to use iCloud essentially as a storage and backup, not that is to work in iCloud itself. If I drag a current folder to iCloud I think I have to press option to get it to copy it, and not transfer it. Getting it to then download that current version onto another device, I think I have to press option again, but when I try this it looks like some of my data has been lost. - Does it somehow decide that my second device already has some identical chapters of the folder? I guess the idea is that I'm supposed to work in iCloud itself, but then what if the internet goes out (as it not infrequently does where I work)? - I guess I would like some clarification as to how iCloud handles folders with Pages data in them beyond what I can find in the support documents - Thanks, Ray

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 9:59 AM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2016 12:33 PM in response to Raymond Nelson

Where are you pressing option? In Finder/Preferences/Sidebar make sure iCloud Drive is checked. When you go to Save the document, select iCloud Drive as the place to save the document to. This should put the document in iCloud. On the device, make sure iCloud Drive in enabled in Settings/iCloud. When you open Pages on the device, the newly saved document should appear as an option to open. Is this what you are seeing?

transferring pages documents to and from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.