Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB keyboard not working in Pro X

Hi out there,

I have a Roland A-88 USB keyboard connected to the Superspeed USB 3 port on my iMac 27" Mavericks 10.9.5, 3.5ghz i7 . Keyboard works perfectly with Garage Band, Logic Pro 9 and Sibelius and simply not SEEN by Pro X which I have just bought.

Does anyone have any idea why? I have installed latest driver for the A-88, deleted com.apple.logic10.plist from Library, as well as the pro.cs file..saw this on a user forum that worked for some people.

Need help on this...no idea why Pro X should be the only programme not seeing my keyboard.

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 9:41 AM

Maybe you have to go into the menu: Logic Pro X/Control Surfaces/Rebuild Defaults?

Here is the Roland page about what works and doesn't with Mavericks.

http://roland.com/support/article/?q=information&p=A-88&id=63061613

I hope this helps!

P

6 replies

Feb 12, 2016 4:11 AM in response to Maurice1

I have exactly the same problem with an Arturia Keylab 61 Midi Controller. It works with Garageband, Finale Printmaster, but when I start up Logic Pro X, I get no, or erratic response.

The Keylab controller also works with all Arturia's standalone synths in "live" mode (i.e. outside Logic as an independent instrument)

I checked with Arturia and they say the problem lies with Logic and they complain that Apple is of very little help to them to solve the problem

Feb 12, 2016 9:23 AM in response to straycatcn

straycatcn,

Please don't tag a 'me too' post about a different piece of hardware onto another thread.... The result may be the same kind of thing.. but the cause and therefore the fix... is likely very different so... just add on posts just cause confusion and makes it harder for people to track down valid info for their own speific issues..

Thanks!

I have responded to your other thread....

Nigel

USB keyboard not working in Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.