Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessibility issues with password masking on iPad

Are there any features in the accessibility settings on an iPad2 to help my elderly mother more easily enter passwords? I bought her the iPad a few years ago to give her an easy way to do email and connect with family via Facetime, but she moves too slowly and her "aim" is too poor to put in passwords correctly. They mask too quickly for her and that means she invariably does something wrong without knowing it.

I'd love to help her turn off masking completely. Or at least give her more time before it masks for her to check that each character is entered correctly.

Thanks!

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 2:10 PM

I am not aware of anyway to turn off masking. Sometimes, websites will have an option to show passwords.

There is a setting called touch accommodations under accessibility. There are a few different options, and they are explained in the following article. Use Touch Accommodations with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You could also see if using an external keyboard helps.

-AJ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 2:10 PM in response to pacreviewer

I am not aware of anyway to turn off masking. Sometimes, websites will have an option to show passwords.

There is a setting called touch accommodations under accessibility. There are a few different options, and they are explained in the following article. Use Touch Accommodations with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You could also see if using an external keyboard helps.

-AJ

Accessibility issues with password masking on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.