Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail (9.2) on OS X 10.11.3 Not Running Applescript When Called by Rule

I have an apple script for auto-replying to certain incoming emails (the native auto-reply functionality cannot meet my needs as the "to:" field must be extracted from the incoming email).

The script works when run as a test in script editor.

The rule works when applied to a message by selecting the message and selecting > Message (in menu bar) > Apply Rules

But the rule doesn't work when the message comes into the account. All other rules get applied (rules that come later in the settings), but this one doesn't seem to execute, *even though it does work when applied to a message already in the inbox*.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated: I've spent hours trying to debug this & am not getting anywhere.

Kind regards,

RA

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2016 6:02 AM

There are many possible reasons including a bug in OS X. See this post for context: Re: AppleScript works for everything except Exchange server emails. As in that case, the email server may have something to do with it.

It would certainly help to post your AppleScript here in a reply, so that others can see it. Obscure or omit any information you might consider personal.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2016 6:02 AM in response to Rax Adam

There are many possible reasons including a bug in OS X. See this post for context: Re: AppleScript works for everything except Exchange server emails. As in that case, the email server may have something to do with it.

It would certainly help to post your AppleScript here in a reply, so that others can see it. Obscure or omit any information you might consider personal.

Mail (9.2) on OS X 10.11.3 Not Running Applescript When Called by Rule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.