Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMac 2011 pop up after booting....

I recently had to use time machine because my IMac was acting up,now everytime I boot up I get this pop up on the screen

named "navigation.json" -locked.I try to use my adware removal but it won't fix it,you cannot deleted.The only way to get rid of it

is to close the window,but then it'll show up again when I restart,any suggestions on how to remove it?

iMac

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 12:07 PM

A

One of your login items may be responsible. Please select the Login Items tab in the Users & Groups pane of System Preferences. Delete any items that you don't recognize. If you're not sure which ones to delete, double-click each to test it.

If a login item is grayed out and can't be deleted, click the padlock icon in the lower left corner of the window and enter your login password when prompted. Then try again.

To avoid confusion, note that checking or unchecking the box next to a login item does not inactivate it. You have to delete the item from the list.

B

You should get rid of your "anti-virus" or "anti-malware" software, whatever it is. All such software is at best useless.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 12:07 PM in response to bloomdido

A

One of your login items may be responsible. Please select the Login Items tab in the Users & Groups pane of System Preferences. Delete any items that you don't recognize. If you're not sure which ones to delete, double-click each to test it.

If a login item is grayed out and can't be deleted, click the padlock icon in the lower left corner of the window and enter your login password when prompted. Then try again.

To avoid confusion, note that checking or unchecking the box next to a login item does not inactivate it. You have to delete the item from the list.

B

You should get rid of your "anti-virus" or "anti-malware" software, whatever it is. All such software is at best useless.

IMac 2011 pop up after booting....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.