Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Signed into the app store with my current apple ID but it asks for my old apple id password to update apps

I am signed into itunes and the app store on my iphone 6s with my current apple ID, but when I go to update any apps it pops up asking for the password to my old apple ID that I havent used in years. I tried to update apps I knew forsure I downloaded using my current ID and it still asked for the old password. In my settings it shows me as being logged in using my current ID, and at the bottom of the main screen in the app store it shows my current ID as well. I have never signed in to that old ID on this phone or even my last 3 or 4 iphones. I am current with ios and have tried to log out and log back in and restart my phone, as well as backing it up and then resetting the whole phone and nothing has worked.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 10:20 AM

1 reply

Signed into the app store with my current apple ID but it asks for my old apple id password to update apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.