Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone come across this scam; sarversecure-port.com?

I was watching a video through Facebook when this pop -up appeared. It wouldn't allow me to force quit and I had to switch my computer off at the mains in order to get rid of it.I'm pretty sure its just a scam where they try and get you to call a number so that they can socially engineer your bank details from you and clean your account. Am I right? Do I need to do anything else to protect my computer?User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 11:13 AM

You're right, it is a scam! Then next time you launch Safari hold down the Shift key. That should clean out Safari and let you continue without issue.

User uploaded file

5 replies

Feb 11, 2016 3:25 PM in response to AcctBad

Did you let them access your Mac? If you did you should immediately change your Apple ID password, any passwords for websites, especially banks and credit card sites. Also download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here (and recommended by Apple Support personnel) in the ASC to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance or see if it can detect any 3rd party malware that may have been installed.

Has anyone come across this scam; sarversecure-port.com?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.