Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband 10.1: Error while trying to sync Audio and MIDI?

I record into GarageBand 10.1.0 using:

-Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface

-Mackie 1202VLZ4 mixer

-Skype (for caller interviews)

When I connect my audio interface and begin recording into Garageband I get popping and crackling audio both when recording and playing back audio. After several minutes of recording I receive a message saying "Error while trying to sync Audio and MIDI" and then gives me a sample rate, for example "42,864."

I have not tried any troubleshooting quite frankly because I do not know where to begin. The audio recording resolution of Garageband and the Scarlett 2i2 is 24-bit. I do not know what could be causing the crackling and popping. Driver issue? Is it something wrong with Garageband, the Audio Interface, or Skype?

How can I fix this issue?

Specs

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

2.6 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Operating System

OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

Garageband

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2017 7:00 AM

I had a similar problem in Garageband 10.0.2 on OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks (Macbook Pro 2008). After recording a couple guitar tracks (via USB interface), I would get the same type of errors you report and distorted sound. I had checked the Midi settings and nothing seemed to help. My problem was solved when I saw and followed this advice in another thread:

"Just click the icon on each track that stops it acting as a live input. It looks like a sound wave. Only have them clicked orange when using the track to record!"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2017 7:00 AM in response to aosuna1689

I had a similar problem in Garageband 10.0.2 on OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks (Macbook Pro 2008). After recording a couple guitar tracks (via USB interface), I would get the same type of errors you report and distorted sound. I had checked the Midi settings and nothing seemed to help. My problem was solved when I saw and followed this advice in another thread:

"Just click the icon on each track that stops it acting as a live input. It looks like a sound wave. Only have them clicked orange when using the track to record!"

Garageband 10.1: Error while trying to sync Audio and MIDI?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.