Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clear settings that were not made in Configurator

So as many others have had to deal with this issue, I upgraded versions of IOS on my iPads and Mac Mini. I was then forced to start using Apple Configurator2.

Right off the bat I noticed I was not able to refresh a device as easily as I could in Apple Configurator. I have submitted an enhancement request, but still have not seen any progress into reincorporating this feature in Apple Configurator 2.

Backstory- I work for my local government and at the public library we have iPads that we check out to the public. These iPads are setup with pre-installed applications and profiles that prevent safari from being used.(we use a filtered browser from Mobicip) When a user checks these iPads out they will enter their iTunes information and get applications or w/e data they might have already. I need to simply erase this data when the iPad is checked back in. (This used to take less than 10 minutes using Configurator with the X clear all changes not made with Configurator setting under Preferences)

My question is...How can I easily do this with Apple Configurator 2? A blueprint does not erase user data on the iPad. I am being forced to manually restore from backups that take hours to restore.

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Apple Configurator 2

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 12:30 PM

There are no replies.

Clear settings that were not made in Configurator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.