Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to switch to text message instead of iMessage

My husband and I both had iPhones until this week when he switched to Blackberry. Now when he texts me his messages still come to my phone as iMessages even though they're coming from a Blackberry, and when I reply they're still sending as iMessages but he's not receiving them on his new Blackberry (I'm not sure where they are going now...out into cyber space I suppose!) I try to tap on the message to "send as text", but my iphone isn't giving me the option to send as text. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Here's what I've already tried:

1. Checked my settings to make sure "Send as SMS" is ON.

2. Deleted all previous iMessages between our 2 phones

3. Deleted him as a contact

4. After doing step 2 and 3, he texted me from his Blackberry. When I reply it still sends as an iMessage and is still not allowing the option to "send as text".

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 11:29 AM

3 replies

Jun 26, 2016 1:53 AM in response to cdnkrissi

maybe his number is still registered to imessage. the way i can think of to let you send him a text message is to turn you wifi or cellular data off and then try to send a message. It could be detected as an imessage at first but if data is not available, it would not send instead you can send it as text message if it failed sending as imessage

How to switch to text message instead of iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.