Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain even on standby, AT

I seem to be getting somewhere around 10% battery drain per hour even on standby. I've not upgraded software recently because I'm still on iOS 9.1. It was working fine until last update of Music App(1/30/16) which started to drain battery with "background activity," something I've never seen before on previous update. I've already setup my phone so that it's not losing battery such as background refresh, manual email fetch, brightness to 50%, limit ad tracking, wifi assist, turned off cellular data for certain apps I don't use, calibrated battery, etc. So far nothing worked so I reset my phone to factory settings and set it up as new phone and I DID NOT restore from my backup in case my backup is corrupted. So far it's been few hours since I reset my phone and I have not installed any apps back on my phone, but I have not seen any changes.

So I have two questions:

1. When I setup as new phone can I use the same icloud email address I used or do I have to setup a whole new icloud email?

2. After resetting the phone to factory, am I suppose to see the changes right away or does it take few more charges(few more days) for my battery to settle in?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 11:29 AM

13 replies

Feb 11, 2016 12:01 PM in response to deggie

You're absolutely right about that, that was my mistake on the music app update. For some reason I'm getting 24% drain on music app even when I'm not using it though. Anyway, I have "Push" turned off for the Mail, Contacts, Calendars menu and have them set them as "manual." Also I do not have any other email account added to this phone except my iCloud email account

Thanks for answering my questions, I did use the same icloud email account but unfortunately I'm not seeing any improvements with my battery right away....

Feb 11, 2016 12:19 PM in response to deggie

I actually turned off Music app under "Use Cellular Data For:" option and also turned off "Show Apple Music" in Music menu as well because I don't intend to use Apple Music at all. I will report back with battery usage few hours later when it populates, currently it's not showing any usage since I reset my phone to factory an hour ago

Feb 11, 2016 1:31 PM in response to deggie

User uploaded file

So this is what I'm seeing now for my battery usage. Settings and Kakaotalk is understandable because I've been messing with the menu for a bit, but Home & Lock Screen and Photos draining that much battery is not normal because I didn't use them.

I forgot to also mention that I've been using the iPad charging plug for about 2 months, would that be an issue? I did research online and all the reputable websites reported saying it won't harm your battery.

Feb 11, 2016 5:44 PM in response to deggie

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

You're right there's definitely something wrong with this phone. Notice my first screenshot it's at 10%, that's when I walked into the gym. Second screenshot shows almost 2 hours later my phone only had 4% drain. Notice how on third screenshot it shows I used almost 2 hours of Music App but only drained 4%, where as before I would lose 10% of battery on standby mode doing nothing.... This is all very strange.... I can't seem to figure out whether this is a software bug within battery calibration or the battery itself.... Again thanks for reading my post I appreciate it

Battery drain even on standby, AT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.