Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this apple virus warning real and official?

Hello,

In the past I used to get these virus warnings but I would ignore them since they looked way more unofficial and since I had heard the warnings that are requiring you to install MacKeeper are scam. However this one popped up today and I was concerned since it looks like the official Apple site and says my system is seriously damaged. Is this warning real and should I install the MacKeeper or any other virus program for my Mac?

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 1:15 PM

Fake.

Do not install MacKeeper, it is a scam. They tell you there are viruses so you will pay for the program. Then the program says it removed viruses (which were never there) so you feel safe.

Close that window and avoid whatever website that is or you will get this message again. The scam is most likely tied to the website

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 1:15 PM in response to yesilsac

Fake.

Do not install MacKeeper, it is a scam. They tell you there are viruses so you will pay for the program. Then the program says it removed viruses (which were never there) so you feel safe.

Close that window and avoid whatever website that is or you will get this message again. The scam is most likely tied to the website

Is this apple virus warning real and official?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.