Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete DCIM Subfolders 100APPLE

I have 265 subfolders in my DCIM folder for my iPad. It will not let me delete them. I saved all of my photos on my computer and I now what to remove them from my iPad. How do I clean this up? Why do these subfolders happen? I wish all of my photos would just appear in one folder.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 2:10 PM

The DCIM subfolders contain additional data for the photos which helps organize them. There's no need to delete them. If you delete the photos from the iPad in the Photos app, that will be sufficient. In the future, you can use the Camera Wizard to import the photos instead of using File Explorer, and you won't even see the folders.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 2:10 PM in response to crstumm21

The DCIM subfolders contain additional data for the photos which helps organize them. There's no need to delete them. If you delete the photos from the iPad in the Photos app, that will be sufficient. In the future, you can use the Camera Wizard to import the photos instead of using File Explorer, and you won't even see the folders.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support

Delete DCIM Subfolders 100APPLE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.