Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PC to MAC conversion

I have a pc running windows 7 with a dreadfully slow hard drive. i am into video editing and music production. I want to upgrade to a mac for the ease of use. Instead of buying a mac computer i want to buy a solid state drive and install IOS on my pc. I am a novice, tho i have found a compatible SSD, i am unaware how to install IOS. I have been combing the internet and found little information on the conversion process. Where do i get a copy of IOS? Do i need to install windows first? Any special configurations during pre-boot? in case you want my specs... i have a HP G7 A7A45UA 1358DX...I previously installed 8gb of RAM. upgrading to a SanDisk 2.5 SD7UB3Q-256G-1122-5128. I have considered buying a imac as well as a macbook pro. but i feel like i will be getting a lot more performance with this set up. my other ideas were imac/macbook 2011-2012 i5 processor. trying to stay under 500 here.

null-OTHER, Windows 7, Software installation

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 1:25 PM

4 replies

PC to MAC conversion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.