Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i access my pictures on my iPhone from my macbook when the phone is off as its broken :(

can i access my pictures on my iPhone through my macbook (OS X Yosemite 10.10.5) when the phone is off?? as its broken 😟

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 2:16 PM

6 replies

Feb 11, 2016 2:39 PM in response to technophobecarina

ports can get dirty... a soft toothbrush or Hearing Aid Cleaning Kit ($10) from the drug store > http://www.cvs.com/shop/home-health-care/other-daily-living-aids/hearing-assista nce-batteries/acu-life-hearing-aid-clean… < can be good tools to try and clean them

a fresh USB cable from a reliable source may help

if you cannot power the iPhone from the USB connection to your Mac, you are done with DIY efforts

make a reservation at the Genius Bar - Apple Store - Apple

- OR -

take it to an Apple Authorized Service Provider > Apple - Find Locations

Feb 11, 2016 2:51 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

i have tried cleaning it but ill try again, and I've bought an apple charger, think ill go to the store, I'm not sure if its worth while paying for it to be fixed or buying a new phone!! i don't know the price range of a charging port replacement tbh 😕 but thank you soo much for replying as you can tell I'm new and I'm a major technophobe 🙂 thank you again x

can i access my pictures on my iPhone from my macbook when the phone is off as its broken :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.