Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is 4k export preset in Final Cut Pro 10.2.3

where do i find 4k export preset in FCP 10.2.3

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), OS X EI Capitan 10.11.3

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 2:31 PM

15 replies

Feb 12, 2016 5:24 AM in response to kaumit

For sure, there are differences in the labeling of presets between Compressor and FCP. One example is there is no "Master File" option in Compressor. (It's understood that a user who wants a master file will select one if the presets with relatively light compressed codecs and build something suitable for themselves.) Likewise, there is no Video Sharing option in FCP, although YT and Vimeo presets use the same or similar encoding parameters,

In FCP, many Share presets will now let you select a 4K option. If your project is 4K, even a 720 Apple Devices preset will give you a 4K option. So labels aside, the option should be there if it is compatible with the type of output. (In other words, you're not going to see a 4K option for DVD.)

Russ

Feb 13, 2016 2:47 AM in response to Karsten Schlüter

I don't didn't see an Apple Devices 4K destination in my mac - either on the list or as an additional possibility in Preferences->Destinations - BUT... it is trivial to add one.

1) File->Share->Add Destination...

2) Select the Apple Devices 1080p destination, control-click, choose Duplicate:

User uploaded file

3) Change its name to "Apple Devices 4K" (or whatever you like), and change the Resolution to 3840x2160. Done.

User uploaded file

where is 4k export preset in Final Cut Pro 10.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.