Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't remember my restrictions passcode

I Don't remember my iPhone restrictions passcode,how do I recover it without restoring my iPhone? I have loved led for answers already but they all say that I have to restore my phone to factory settings. I don't want to do that because it will use up quite a bit of data. Please help me!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 3:04 PM

I'm sorry, but if you have forgotten your restrictions passcode, the only way to recover from that is to restore the device to new. The Restrictions passcode is part of the backup, and restoring your backup will just restore the passcode. You will need to restore to factory, and then sync back your data manually, not from your backup. In the future, make sure you have this passcode written down somewhere to preserve it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 3:04 PM in response to Lord Yeniar

I'm sorry, but if you have forgotten your restrictions passcode, the only way to recover from that is to restore the device to new. The Restrictions passcode is part of the backup, and restoring your backup will just restore the passcode. You will need to restore to factory, and then sync back your data manually, not from your backup. In the future, make sure you have this passcode written down somewhere to preserve it.

I don't remember my restrictions passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.