Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to attach a time capsule to a fios router

I have a mixed system of computers (macs and window os) and I am using Verizon FiOS G1100 Quantum Router. I want to attached my 1TB Time Capsule to the router to be used as a NAS (network attached storage) device but am not sure how to accomplish this.

Any suggestions.

Brian Z

Time Capsule 802.11n (1st Gen)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 3:37 PM

Not really recommending that you do this with a 1st Gen Time Capsule......if that is what you still have.......as the reset back to factory defaults, new settings, restarts, etc. may not happen with such an old device.

If you want to try this anyway, we would recommend that if you have not already done so........that you first back up the data on the Time Capsule to a USB drive that is formatted in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) using the Archive function in AirPort Utility.

User uploaded file

Then, we need to know what kind of computer you will be using to set up the Time Capsule and what operating system it is running.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 3:37 PM in response to Swampfox2806

Not really recommending that you do this with a 1st Gen Time Capsule......if that is what you still have.......as the reset back to factory defaults, new settings, restarts, etc. may not happen with such an old device.

If you want to try this anyway, we would recommend that if you have not already done so........that you first back up the data on the Time Capsule to a USB drive that is formatted in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) using the Archive function in AirPort Utility.

User uploaded file

Then, we need to know what kind of computer you will be using to set up the Time Capsule and what operating system it is running.

Feb 12, 2016 12:41 PM in response to Swampfox2806

Once again, my recommendation is that you do not attempt to do this, but it appears that you have your mind made up.

Sorry, I don't have Windows 10.....or any other PC handy here......so I cannot say if things will work the way that you want. Might be best to wait and see if one of the PC guys will answer and provide more information. I will tell you how I would do this if I were attempting to do this...but cannot assure you that it will work.

Unfortunately, Apple has not updated AirPort Utility for Windows......the software that you will need to set up the Time Capsule.....since Windows 7. Do you have AirPort Utility 5.6.1 for Windows installed on the Windows 10 PC?

If yes, are you are to "see" the Time Capsule using AirPort Utility for Windows?

Feb 12, 2016 3:17 PM in response to Swampfox2806

Setup the TC from your Mac .. make sure it is setup to allow full guest access, if possible.. you do this from 5.6 version utility.

I can access the TC from win10 on the network. But I am using ethernet not wireless.. wireless you can expect more issues.

So I recommend you try it first using direct ethernet to a TC lan port.. if that fails then wireless is unlikely to work..

Get it working with ethernet then see if wireless will work.

On laptops with loads of garbage like McAfee security expect trouble.. you might need to turn off all the firewalls, some of them hidden inside security applications. Once you do that it should work.. at least over ethernet.

how to attach a time capsule to a fios router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.