Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung Galaxy S6 won't hold bluetooth connection.

Since upgrading to El Capitan, my Smartphone won't maintain connection. Imac recognizes the phone, gives code, shows connected for about a second and then shows disconnect.

I've tried removing it and putting it in again. Tried disconnecting all USB, shutting down and trying just reconnect. Reset other things as suggested. Nothing works.

Now I've had the Samsung dealer suggest there might be new bluetooth drivers that can be downloaded from Apple?

Does anyone know anything about this?

iMac 27" (mid 2011) - upgraded to El Capitan 10.11.3

2.7 GHz Core i5

4 GB

StartupDisk - Untitled

Thanks, Midge

iMac

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 2:01 PM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2016 2:09 PM in response to mjquilts

Usually, any firmware updates are includes in Apple updates; there is no way to download a separate bluetooth driver. In the case of third party peripherals, it is quite common for each side to blame the other. If other bluetooth devices work, I'd bet on the phone. I have a problem with my car and my phone - sometimes it connects and at other times, it refuses to. Each blames the other, so there is nothing I can do except hope for the best.

FWIW, something to keep in mind going forward: you are running your iMac on the minimum recommended RAM for El Capitan. Nothing to worry about unless you experience slow downs if you use RAM heavy video/graphics apps.

Samsung Galaxy S6 won't hold bluetooth connection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.