Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best 4k monitor now that people have lots of experience with them

Hey all

Well i bit the bullet and ordered my mac pro. Im not sure what i was thinking but we shall see!!

The best one i could afford is a 6 core with 32gig of ram and a 1TB PCIE Internal SSD

it was still $6k with tax. Im a total apple fan boy but even i think that was a bit insane.

So now I'm ion the hunt for 2 4k monitors or perhaps 1 30 something inch curve screen.

I know there are lots of threads on this but many of them are old. Now that people have had some time for the 4k monitor market to catch up i was curious if there are some good recommendations out there on what to buy. I need to keep cost way done. Im poor from the purchase.

I don't want to fuss with drivers and other problems so other then the ancient apple cinema display can anyone tell me what my plug and play options are?

Thanks

iMac

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 1:54 PM

6 replies

Feb 11, 2016 2:05 PM in response to rscott126

I've had a few and don't think they are ready for prime time. My whole thing is about seeing to read what's on the screen. I eventually opted for the LG 34 inch thunderbolt Display running with my Apple TB Display and am satisfied. Think of the LG as a horizontal extended apple display with anti glare. 3440 x 1440

I can wait on the 4k and I prefer thunderbolt connection over display port and no they are not remotely close the same.

The 4k Display is going to have like a retina resolution. To use the 4k resolution I'd think you would need a Display at least 60 inches. You'll most likely settle in for 2560 x 1440 on the 4k what's the sense?

Feb 11, 2016 2:23 PM in response to rscott126

On a 4K screen the icons are very small.

I have an older Dell 24" 4K and like it but usually run it at 1080p since the icons and some other things are so small. The 4K is excellent for photo editing and similar.

Just remember that screen size is dependent upon how far y are fro the screen. The larger the screen the further you have to be fro the screen.

Best 4k monitor now that people have lots of experience with them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.