Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 2009 4,1 - Graphics card to support 4K and multiple 1900x1200 monitors

This may be a bit of stretch here...

Although I currently I use a Mac Book Retina 15, Mid-2014 with 16GB and 960GB HD running El Capitan and for most of the work I do it is a fine computer...

I am looking at getting a Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) with either 4 or 8 cores (probably 8 cores due to higher memory capacity) to run some (OK, quite a few) virtual machines to do some data integration work using Hadoop and Oracle and specialized data integration tools running in multiple VMs.

The basic setup is going to be an Apple Mac Pro 2009 4 with a Samsung 28" 4K monitor (HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.2 ports, resolution of ) and two HP ZR2440W monitors (HDMI, DisplayPort and DVI ports). I need a graphics card that will drive the 4K monitor and the two ZR2440Ws at their optimum resolutions. Although most of the work I am going to do is not going to be graphics intense, I would probably like to get a card that I could also play some games and watch high-resolution video...

I am not against running multiple cards either...

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks,

Rom

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 2:52 PM

There are no replies.

Mac Pro 2009 4,1 - Graphics card to support 4K and multiple 1900x1200 monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.