Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Require Password Change at next login not working

I have Server 5.0.15 installed on mac mini with OS X 10.11.3

Services running are only DHCP and OD

When local network users are created they authenticate and work fine. However if you reset a users password and select Require password change at next login, when the users login it will accept the temporary password, and bring up the Reset password box with new password and verify password but not matter what is entered when you click the Reset Password button it just shakes and does not change or even give you an error message.

This is clean install of OD, nothing imported, brand new mac mini with nothing additional installed but Server App.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 2:55 PM

2 replies

Aug 21, 2017 1:36 AM in response to WinMac2016

I also have this issue. At the moment AppleCare support claims that the issue is not showing itself on their end at all and are trying to help me figure it out.

Tried to set up Server on few different Macs in few different network locations with different network infrastructure and always run into the same issue.

Do you have any cuccess with this?

Require Password Change at next login not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.