Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting up yahoo mail on MacBook

I recently changed my Yahoo password. I had to delete and reset up Yahoo on my iPhone and iPad, in order for the application to recognize the new password. The mail function would not accept the new password on the MacBook either, even after rebooting. I have removed the account and tried to reinstall. However, the Yahoo account shows as inactive; when I select Mail, the cursor just spins, and never completes. I like having the mail here as well- thoughts?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 3:21 PM

5 replies

Feb 15, 2016 12:00 PM in response to Linda Q

I'm not sure whatis going on but i can tell you a few things:

1 yahoo mail does work with el cap - i used it (x2).

2 sometimes "automatically detect settings" works poorly. Uncheck it , get the yahoo instructions for IMAp config, and enter it manually - it generally works

3 for reasons I cannot explain, always configure mail through mail --> preferences --> accounts, which is NOT IN PRACTICE THE SAME as Mail --> accounts.

Delete and start over.

Grant

setting up yahoo mail on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.