Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes / photos / Contacts Syncing through what iCloud?

Hi! I am a bit confused about the difference ofthe normal iCloud and iCloud Drive. For Example i WAnt my notes / contacts / photos to be autoamtically available on all my devices and I Dont know how that would be possible. People say the normal iCloud is for backing up and the iCloud Drive is for sharing files.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 4:24 PM

One thing that may help you visualize it is to use your computer and log in to https://www.icloud.com

The things that you see in Photos, Contacts, Notes, Calendars, Reminders are synced if you have Settings > iCloud turned on for those items on each device.

You can open iCloud Drive at the same link to see what you have saved there. It is most frequently data from apps such as Pages, Numbers etc that you have specifically elected to save to iCloud Drive.

Backups made to iCloud are not visible there but you can see if there are any and view the size and date of them by going to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage on an iOS device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 4:24 PM in response to iGabo

One thing that may help you visualize it is to use your computer and log in to https://www.icloud.com

The things that you see in Photos, Contacts, Notes, Calendars, Reminders are synced if you have Settings > iCloud turned on for those items on each device.

You can open iCloud Drive at the same link to see what you have saved there. It is most frequently data from apps such as Pages, Numbers etc that you have specifically elected to save to iCloud Drive.

Backups made to iCloud are not visible there but you can see if there are any and view the size and date of them by going to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage on an iOS device.

Notes / photos / Contacts Syncing through what iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.