Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto Factory Reset Help

Hello, I have a Macbook Air. It is one of the older versions of the Air series. I have really wanted to de a factory reset on the devise for quite a while now, because it has been really slow and is cluttered with unwanted old files. I have one big concern before I do this reset. My Photos. I have about 6000 photos in my IPhoto library, I want to be able to re-import the photos after I have reset the computer.

Here are the precautions I have taken so far...

• Made a copy of My Iphoto Library
  • Placed that copy on an external drive

My main concerns are...

• How can I tell if the transfer to the external drive was a success?
  • Will I be able to re-import the Iphoto Library from the external drive back onto the computer's hard drive after the reset?
  • Is it possible to back up the entire Air as a safety precaution?

Question about the reset that is unrelated to Iphoto...

Will I be able to download and run Yosemite Or El Captain? (My Current OS: Mac OS X Version 10.6.8)

I really appreciate any help I receive. Thank you ahead of time!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 6:51 PM

What format is the EHD? If it is not Mac OS extended (journaled) then you not open the library on it adn it might even damage your library

1 - To tell is the copy is go open the library on the EHD (subject to the format as mentioned above) by double clicking on it

2 - no importing involved - you NEVER import a library as it does not work - you open libraries

3 - of course you can backup the MBA up - in fact you should be doing that daily if your data and photos have any value to you - TimeMachine and a TimeCapsule is a good simple choice

as to running any version of soft2ware that depends on your hardware - each version includes hardware requirements in the App store description

LN

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 6:51 PM in response to NextGenRadio

What format is the EHD? If it is not Mac OS extended (journaled) then you not open the library on it adn it might even damage your library

1 - To tell is the copy is go open the library on the EHD (subject to the format as mentioned above) by double clicking on it

2 - no importing involved - you NEVER import a library as it does not work - you open libraries

3 - of course you can backup the MBA up - in fact you should be doing that daily if your data and photos have any value to you - TimeMachine and a TimeCapsule is a good simple choice

as to running any version of soft2ware that depends on your hardware - each version includes hardware requirements in the App store description

LN

Iphoto Factory Reset Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.